Technology: Southeastern US Reports 30% Growth in New Venture Capital Firm
TAMPA, Florida, September 16, 2021 (Information) – Embarc collective, the startup hub that can help Florida founders build bold, successful and scalable companies and Build in SE, a neighborhood on a mission to support founders who choose to grow their businesses in the Southeast, has now reported the results of its third annual report on the Southeast Fund Landscape.
The report, which was designed to make it much easier for startup founders to discover cash flow methods and nearby funding opportunities in the Southeast (a place described as Alabama, Florida, Georgia, the Kentucky, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia and West Virginia) reveals a growing number of new enterprise capital business start-ups over the past three years.
In 2021, the report uncovered 280 companies in the region that are actively investing in pre-seed equity, showing an increase of 40 new companies since the 2020 report and 80 companies included since the inaugural report in 2019.
The report presents the region’s expanding access to species across a range of variables, including:
- Technological migration to the south-east: With a remote feature standardizing virtual meetings between investors and startup CEOs, dollars allocated to startups primarily based in the Southeast have increased. This has led to an influx of newly relocated companies and new resources raised to capture the regional business flow. Some examples are Founders Fund, Harlem Cash, and General Catalyst, all of which opened offices in the Southeast in the previous calendar year.
- Densities of startups in new industries: Many startups focused on fintech, digital health and enterprise SaaS are creating a density of expertise that appeals to traders. For illustration, considering that in early 2021, lifestyle science companies in North Carolina had racked up around $ 3 billion in financial commitments and created roughly 3,000 new careers. .
- Concentrate capital on under-represented founders: 2021 ushered in a change in the venture capital landscape, with a maximization of fund allocation for under-represented founders. This shift is most significantly seen in Atlanta, where 41% of 36 early-stage VC firms determine they acquire a diversity goal through investments, a miscellaneous fund management group, or both.
- An improvement in women of all ages Buyers: The state with the most active investors of all ages is Georgia at 25, followed by Tennessee and Florida tied for second with 19 institutional investors. More than half (53 out of 90, or 58%) of female buyers of all ages in the South East hold the primary leadership titles of founding and / or normal husband or wife, taking care of the lover / manager, or husband or wife.
“Through the Southeast Cash Landscape report, we are not only documenting this exceptionally encouraging increase in the availability of seed funding in the South East, but I think this project is contributing just as well,” said Allie Felix, vice president of the Embarc Collective platform. “Over the years we have heard many anecdotes from founders creating their prospecting record of traders and traders finding a flow of deals from this source, and I hope this will continue to be a powerful tool for these. groups of people. “
“Within our respective startup communities, one of the most frequent concerns we hear is, ‘Who are the active investors in the Southeast that I should really connect with? »Declared Monique Villa, co-founder of Build In SE. “Our main goal is not only to address these concerns of the founders, but to help you save them precious time in determining the appropriate size community money so that they can aim to start a business. The likelihood of an expansion in the Southeast is exponential, as we are seeing with MailChimp, Calendly, SmileDirectClub and a developing checklist of other big name vendors settling and evolving here, turning heads of buyers who will be the only ones attracted to the Southeast in the years to come.
To learn more about the South East currency landscape, stop by https://bit.ly/SECapitalLandscape
About the Embarc collective
Embarc Collective is a nonprofit startup hub that helps Tampa Bay founders build bold, scalable, and successful organizations. Embarc Collective offers direct help driven by the goals and unique needs of each member startup in its 32,000 square foot office environment in downtown Tampa. Member organizations get personalized and ongoing coaching and assistance from start-up veterans to help propel the progress of member companies. Embarc Collective operates with a growing roster of approximately 100 early stage startups and is the fastest growing startup hub in Florida.
About Build in SE
Create In SE’s mission is to increase the number of stories of good results from startups in the South East by relying on an interregional collaborative network. Construct In SE builds regional intelligence through its group of local ecosystem curators, Alliance partners and investor communities, all guided by the founders when launching and scaling their startups. Make In SE is a Certified Benefit Corporation headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee.
Media ContactJillian [email protected]
Highlights of technology news
- Title: Southeastern US Sees 30% Expansion in New Corporate Treasury Company
- Check out all the information and content articles for technical news updates.